Apple MacBook Pro 13.3″ Late 2020 Overview
Apple Launches First ARM-Based Macs with M1 Chip
Used by students, creative professionals, and more, the Apple 13.3″ MacBook Pro now features Apple’s first chip designed specifically for Mac. The Apple M1 integrates the CPU, GPU, Neural Engine, I/O, and more into a single system on a chip (SoC). Tackle your projects with the fast 8-Core CPU and take on graphics-intensive apps and games with the 8-core GPU. Accelerate machine learning tasks with the 16-core Neural Engine. With the active cooling system and up to 20 hours of video playback, the MacBook Pro can handle your tasks with ease.
The 13.3″ Retina Display has a 2560 x 1600 resolution at 227 ppi as well as 500 nits of brightness. It also supports the P3 wide color gamut which allows for more vibrant colors. This ensures true-to-life pictures with realistically vivid details, which are essential for graphic design, color grading, and editing. With True Tone technology, the white balance automatically adjusts to match the color temperature of the light around you for a more natural viewing experience.
Connect to the internet via Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) and use compatible wireless peripherals and accessories with Bluetooth 5.0. The two Thunderbolt 3 ports provide USB4 support and can even connect to the Apple Pro Display XDR in full 6K resolution. Apple also included studio-quality mics for clear recordings and calls. There is also Apple’s latest camera ISP in the M1 chip, which enables sharper images and more details in shadows and highlights in video calls. Keep your MacBook Pro secure with Secure Enclave in M1 as well as Touch ID. The Touch Bar allows for shortcuts, the backlit Magic Keyboard provides a comfortable typing experience, and the Force Touch trackpad allows for precise cursor control, pressure-sensing capabilities, and Multi-Touch gestures.
This Mac comes preloaded with macOS. Updates can be downloaded for free via the Mac App Store. Please check Apple’s website for upgrade eligibility.
Apple M1 Chip
13.3″ Retina IPS Display
True Tone Technology
Thunderbolt 3 with USB4 Support
When compared to the previous generation, the M1-powered MacBook Pro can:
- Build code in Xcode up to 2.8x faster
- Render a complex 3D title in Final Cut Pro up to 5.9x faster
- Fluidly design intricate game scenes in Unity Editor up to 3.5x faster
- Perform ML tasks in Create ML up to 11x faster
- Separate out beats, instrumentals, and vocal tracks from a recording in real time in djay Pro AI, thanks to the Neural Engine
- Play back full-quality, 8K ProRes video in DaVinci Resolve without dropping a single frame
- Compile four times as much code on a single charge, thanks to the performance per watt of the M1 chip
- Future updates are coming to Adobe apps